Fic Title: “Hunger Games Edited”
Part of summary: “This just takes out all the inappropriate stuff in the books”
WTF could they have cut out? I can’t even….with what it’s about…how can you retain the plot and cut out the violence? I am so puzzled…
IKR?! And it’s just ASKING for a world of hate to be brought down on this writer. What made the books so awesome was it’s realistic. You can’t have a battle to the death without having, you know, DEATH. This isn’t TWILIGHT - thinks don’t get glossed over and faded to black. Much of life isn’t appropriate. I get this person didn’t think it was appropriate (though apparently they read the entire series, from what I could tell), but don’t write a fic. Just fucking deal.
It’s only a matter of time before someone notifies Suzanne Collins that someone is abridging her copyrighted material without permission. This goes beyond mere derivative works such as fanfic; it’s the re-publication of Collins’s book.
@Evrymeeveryyou Never read Hunger Games, but I think Pip mentioned FFN
as the source of most HG fanfic. Unless the idiot posted to LJ.
@campyspornshack Never read Hunger Games? YOU SHOULD :)
@Evrymeeveryyou I Googled:
@Evrymeeveryyou Looks like the lawyers won. @dannysgirlsg1
- unleashthecasey reblogged this from ichooseupeetachu
- stargatecoffee reblogged this from ichooseupeetachu and added:
- evrymeevryu reblogged this from ichooseupeetachu and added:
- ichooseupeetachu reblogged this from evrymeevryu and added:
- campylobacter reblogged this from ichooseupeetachu and added:
- mister-prongs likes this
- lureyouwiththeirmorphlingways reblogged this from -everdeen
- evrymeevryu likes this
- scifiaddict likes this
- meirelle said: Wait, aren’t they Young Adult books? How can things be inappropriate?